Pages

Search blog and web

The Betrayed Spouse Fog

I JUST realized tonight that this is a thing.

Brief recap: Married 25 years with a 13-year-old son. WH moved out in May. I found out about his affair in February. Turns out he'd been seeing her since the previous September.

Tonight, it dawned on me that when he moved out, he took several pairs of leather and suede pants and boots we had bought together for me years ago - in some cases, when we still lived up north many years ago - with him. It wasn't obvious to me at first, I rationalize now, because the pants were size 6 and 8, and I'd been wearing a 10 for years (as 5'7" women in their 40s and 50s will tend to do), and because one doesn't wear leather boots in Florida very often. But now I am a size 6 again - due mostly to abject stress, not because I dieted on purpose - and wouldn't mind wearing one of those pairs of suede pants I'm particularly fond of when the weather gets cool enough. And it's gone.

WTF?

I can't believe I didn't notice this sooner.

On the plus side, more validation that divorcing this pathological liar and cheater is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. On the minus side, I realize I've been duped yet again by him - that his lies are the gift that keeps on giving, and that I can't trust anything he says or does in relation to our son.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment