Pages

Search blog and web

I hate where we live and it is killing our marriage!

Hello,

When my husband and I met, I so kindly let him know that I did not like where he lived. I lived in the city... I mean right downtown. I stayed very busy with work, hobbies, friends, etc. He lived way out in the country... and enjoyed his garden, dog and work... I told him that if he was set on staying in the country that it was fine but we should go our separate ways right then b/c I know myself and I know I wouldn't be happy... well he told me he had NO INTENTION on staying and just ended up there looking for a house to rent. Fast forward 5 years later and one kid... and here we are living in the country. I agreed to live here for 2 years after we were married... long enough for him to figure out a job transfer. 2 years. I HATE IT HERE. it takes me literally 20min just to get to 'town' and then another 30 to the closest WalMart. No gym, no nice coffee shop, no book store, etc. All the hobbies I did when I met him have slowly dwindled down because it takes so long to get to a nything. We have another argument last night. I am a very educated person and told him I didn't work for 8years of college to end up somewhere I hate... he says it's me and not the place. I can agree it can be both... but I KNOW MYSELF. I know what I need to be happy. I just feel so lied too. He said he would work on getting us out of here... 2 years ago... and here we are... same spot. No new job, nothing. I'm loosing my mind. I dream about moving on my own. I will not raise my only son here... with nothing, no culture. He refuses to see it from my side... to see how much I've lost.... I'm really starting not to care. Advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment