Pages

Search blog and web

Do you think giving your position within an apology lessons it?

So 3 years ago I ended up having respiratory failure. Since than I kinda felt compelled to apologize people I wronged in one way or another. Thankful the list isn't uber long, but the thing is I have heard that giving "reasoning" for the apology dismissed it and cheapens it, kinda like giving an excuse, or making it so it isn't your fault. I am trying to make sure I don't give off this message. I guess it is hard to explain. But at the same time it's kinda hard to just say "sorry I did this" and leave it at that, so it seems natural to explain my position. I never blame my actions on other people, no one "made me" but sometimes it was because I was going through weird spots in my life.

Anyway, without going into details, does giving reasons of my actions dismiss the action? Hopefully this is understandable.

Thanks.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment