Pages

Search blog and web

Stay because I feel guilty?

Married 30 years been together 35. He suffers from depression and alcoholism, substance abuse. I got pregnant we married 3 years later, he didn't work stayed home with our daughter. In 1985 he was in a motorcycle wreck, left him with paralyzed legs. Went to rehab stayed sober 3 years. Went to school got his Bachelors Degree became a life coach for adults with disabilities Loved him supported him but very passive-aggressive always tried to control things. Was a musician enjoyed playing gigs but all about him, very selfish. We had another child 14 years later. Family always walked on egg-shells had to always think about him and how he could get around. Would never say what was bothering him always clammed up said he needed space would sit in the garage for hours puttering. In 2008 he started having problems with Seasonal Affective Disorder also had low testosterone. I tried doing the Marriage Builders workshop he stated he didn't want people telling him w hat to do. Got fired from his job we had to sell our house and leave the state. I was retired by then. Live near our daughter now and grandchildren but he was always grouchy around them didn't want to participate in anything. Two years ago I asked for a divorce. He said he would be the husband I deserve nothing has changed. Got out of depression rehab last week wants to work on the marriage. I have nothing left to give, been in this loveless, sexless marriage too long but he tells me how much he loves me and he can change. I'm just too exhausted. I want a life I've been pulling the load for 29 years.
He tries to make me feel guilty for not holding up to "better or worse, sickness and health" He makes my anxiety go through the roof. It's always something with him.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment