Pages

Search blog and web

Lost

Hi, I need some advice and dont know where to turn. Ive been married for over 10 years and we've never had a very good relationship. We stuck it out primarily for our son.

In our marriage, Ive always taken the backseat. My husbands family has always been much more important to him. Buying presents for his nieces and nephews and celebrating a new job with his sisters. I've never been important to him at all, and for the longest time I just expected it and got used to it.

Recently he went on a business trip and for some reason, I thought he would bring me home some sort of present, even if it was just a souvenir. He didnt and I was so upset, even though thats what has always been the norm. Later while going through his emails, I found out he had bought presents for a couple of women at work. It broke my heart. I have been his wife for so many years and for every anniversary and birthday, I would expect something and never get anything. But his family always would. And now even these women at this work are more important to him than me.

One of these women has a serious crush on him and after the gift incident, I became insanely jealous of her. He told me he was going for coffee with her and I told him I wish he wouldn't go. He went anyway. I became so upset, I told him I was leaving, something Ive never done before. We worked it out and got over it, but he never promised or said he wouldn't go with her again.

Recently, I found out he went with her secretly again. And it broke my heart. I have been his wife for so long. My mother in law has lived with us since day one and I have put up with so much from her and my other in-laws. I have sacrificed constantly for the marriage and this is my return? That he cant even stay away from a woman at my request?

I don't know what to do. Its not like he's unfeeling or uncaring. He knows how to treat his family. And obviously he knows how to treat other women. Our anniversary was last week, and again nothing on his end.

What do I do? I am so lost. Leaving isn't an option. I can't talk to him, because he knows exactly how I feel. He just doesn't care. How do I move forward?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment