Pages

Search blog and web

Jealous of a distant friend

  • Thread Starter

hi,

so i have a friend who has recently moved to my area, we don't see each other a lot, in fact hardly at all, but we get in touch now and again and we've known each other since we were little.
anyway, since we were teenagers she's done so much better than me. My mental health has deteriorated and most days i feel close to death, i had to drop out of uni and am essentially a womanchild still living at home with my dad, whereas she got a first class degree in languages and now has a good paying job in admin, lives on her own and has loads of friends. she's also had lots of boyfriends in the past though i dont know if she has one now.
now while i'm glad for her sake she's doing so well it does leave me in a rather awkward position as I just don't feel we have anything in common anymore. she has her own social life, she doesnt really need me. still she will write to me on facebook now and again, but we havent been able to meet since she moved because I've been too ill and she's been working.
the other day she also thought it was appropriate to send me a link through facebook of a day hospital for people with mental health problems. i know she was probably only trying to help but it still bugs me.
what do i do about this, do i cut her off completely, just wait for her to contact me again or what?
i'm not good at making friends and keeping them. she's the only person outside of my family who bothers to ask me how i am every now and again.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment