Pages

Search blog and web

Is It Over When She Loses Respect and Decency for You?

It may seem like a crazy question, but here's the skinny...

Lately, until very recently, things have been great in my marriage intimacy-wise. We even had a new baby 5 months ago. Then all of a sudden things went nearly to hell (if they aren't already there and I don't realize it).

I was helping her prepare for an audition (she's in performing arts) and being a bit sarcastic at the same time. The problem is we have 3 children and so every 3 minutes there is another interruption. However, she told me that the problem was ME, and that she would be done by now if she'd done her preparation with someone else. I pretty much blew off the comment because answering it, in my mind, would have created an unneeded argument. I didn't think it was a big deal but then she screams at me "sometimes I just don't like you", frustrated that that I ignored the comment I suppose.

The following 2 days she gives me the awkward silence or very curt responses with talking, and generally uninviting gestures and body language. Then this morning on the way to work she asks, "how long do YOU want to remain disconnected, because you haven't done anything to rectify things?" She asked as if it were me causing the disconnect. I basically tell her this, and further explain that I cannot be warm and loving to someone that is cold and uninviting with me.

The immediate result of that was her telling me, "then phuck you!"

I have never felt like this before. It is indescribable, almost felt like being stabbed when she blurted those words. I just got out the car and went in to work.

She was calling my mobile and office phone incessantly throughout the morning trying to apologize, but I did not want to speak to her at all. I did not even want to engage the conversation because my job requires significant concentration.

So there it is. After work today she asked if we can make up, but I honestly don't know. The last time she spoke to me terse like this (but not quite this egregious) I found out about her spending time with another man. We obviously made up after that, but now it seems all decency and respect for me as a man and her husband has gone out the window.

Thoughts please.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment