Pages

Search blog and web

Domestic Violence I guess

This probably isn't the right place, as usual, but just trying to get a feel for things here...

So 5 months ago, my Mother-in-law and her boyfriend Jim had a big fight and split up. My wife went to see her mother, and Jim was still there, running his mouth, being insulting, invasive and pushy. It got to the point of him and my wife nose to nose yelling at each other, with Jim's fist raised, yelling at MIL stuff like "I'm gonna beat the **** out of your daughter now!"

So Wife punched him in the face. He called the cops, she got charged with assault. Cops admitted to my wife that they realized what was going on, could hear him taunting her, and weren't taking her to jail, but they pretty much had to summons her.

She plead not guilty, although she admitted to the cop what happened, so I dont see how that's gonna fly.

But between the incident and as recent as this week, we've been getting harassing phone calls, facebook messages and texts from Jim. Nothing outright incriminating, but just harrasment. Calling us names, challenging me to fistfights, spreading rumors about us, etc...basic harassment. sometimes its 3am when this happens.

Is any of this going to come into play in court? Will the judge be like "oh wait, this guy is a ****. not guilty!" I doubt it, but I hope it'll at least be a mitigating factor.

Anyone with experience in this sort of thing know what we can expect? The DA isn't seeking jail time so we don't get a free lawyer.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment