Pages

Search blog and web

I want to come out of the closet...

  • Thread Starter

It's getting to the stage now where I'm ready to come out to my friends and family but I'm still really hesitant about doing so. I'm 20 and I've known I was gay from the age of 15, but I've never had the confidence to admit it because for years I've always wanted to tell myself that it's just a phase and I'll grow out of it one day. Well here I am now, second year at university and I see all of my friends from back home and course mates forming relationships and having fun... It gets me down that I can't do the same because I'm keeping this secret.

I contemplated on telling my close friends and family a few weeks back but then I heard negative remarks from them both about homosexuals. My family were discussing two men who are in a gay relationship and my mum admitted it was awkward for her to see them kiss. Although she would be accepting if any of us were gay (I don't know if she already has an incline that I am?), it brought on the sudden realisation that I'd be a huge disappointment to my family and an embarrassment to my friends. I need help :( I can't keep pretending to be interested in girls when I feel nothing romantically towards them, but then it looks like I will never truly be able who I really am either.

What should I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment