Pages

Search blog and web

Should religion really end our love?

  • Thread Starter

Hi everyone

Im a muslim female and my boyfriend is hindu. When we got together we didnt even mention our religious differences as we were having a bit of fun. However its now been a year and we are in love.

Iv been brought up in a muslim family and my parents want me to marry a muslim man. I myself dont practice. I drink alcohol, dress as i please, dont go to mosque etc. Its just a choice I have made. My boyfriend is hindu and has a connection with his religion. We have told our parents as we want to be together but there is strong disapproval from both sides.

My boyfriend wants to raise his children as hindu and i think i would be ok with this as i am not religious. Howe ver my parents would be deeply hurt if i left islam. It has put huge strain on us and we have been crying non stop as neither of us has the strength to end our relationship. I love him so much. We want to be together but are afraid because our families will cause drama and might not get on in the future. We say we are willing to fight this but it means me compromising more by turning towards hinduism. My parents would be so hurt

His parents are also against it but he says he will fight. Im not sure how much he is willing to though. He is also finding it very stressful and is afraid that I might change my mind

We are on a break to think about things and are meeting in a few days to talk. Fact is he is my best friend. Neither of us can end this. We have tried for a week and now eventually decided to give each other space to think.


Help! Ultimately it is our decision. But this hurts so badly. I never want to regret breaking it off. But at the same time i never want us to regret upsetting our family.

Im so lost

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment