This was one of the first things my wife told me when she said was leaving. I Googled it to see if there was any significance to this well worn out line. What I basically learned is what I believed. 'In love' matures to 'love'. After 29 years did I get giddy every time I knew I was going to see my wife? When we were out did I keep looking at my watch waiting for this boring event to end just so I could have sex? No. And no. Did I like seeing my wife? Did I like having sex with her? Yes. And yes. But that all consuming desire to spend every waking moment with each other just so we could have sex waned into appreciation of spending time with her. Enjoying 'other things' together. I personally do not believe that the butterflies in the pit of your stomach is sustainable for 30 years. It grows into something much better. (imo) Do I miss that feeling myself? Sure. But I recognize what 'in love' has become.
Am I wrong? Does anybody else believe the 'love you but not in love you with you' line is legitimate?
Am I wrong? Does anybody else believe the 'love you but not in love you with you' line is legitimate?
Put the internet to work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment