Pages

Search blog and web

Do I owe my sister-in-law anything?

I have been married to my husband for almost 3 years and the past 1 and a half, my SIL has been intrusive via texting. It has escalated to where I'm receiving texts everyday about her problems or what's on her mind.

I've talked to my husband and he told me to tell her, or to just ignore her or to change my phone number and not tell her (!!!). I tried ignoring her a couple times and it worked but the holidays/birhdays came around and I wrote a small msg to wish her a good one, she started texting me everyday again. She does it every morning. So as soon as I wake up and check on my business emails, I have texts waiting for me and I cringe and it kind of sets a tone for the rest of the day.

I don't want to sever ties but I don't wish for her to text me so often. Once every couple months to see see how everyone's doing but that's it.

I know her personality; there is no nice way for me to tell her to not text me so much. Even the nicest way will severe ties. Because she is my SIL and generally is a nice person, I feel so obligated to respond to her texts and I don't want to be a rude person.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment