I have been doing a lot of self reflection lately, particularly on my marriage. I am in love with my husband. I am always happy to see him, but I cant figure out why!
I have dated men that have much more in common with me. But for some reason, I never felt "connected" and to the few that I have, they would eventually drive me insane because of their need to always be around me.
And I think this is what I have discovered about myself and my marriage. I fell in love with my husband because he has his own life. Honestly, we could both be happy without each other. I like that his happiness doesn't depend on me. Its like the only thing we actually need from each other is just knowing we have each other. Does that make sense? The time I value most with him is when we are just laying in bed holding each other.
Don't get me wrong,I've definitely been frustrated with him about how we don't have much in common. And because of this, I find myself doing things with other people to make up for it. But its like as long as I can find other people (or often just do things by myself) to hang out with, i'm happy. He kinda lets me do my thing and I let him do his.
It's strange when I actually think about it though. We don't have sex hardly ever (i have an entirely other post on this and this is a problem!), we don't do anything together other than the watch a movie here and there and we really don't talk much, except for the occasional story he might experience from work. It's like, what's the point? But if I am still happy and I still love him then is this relationship good? I just wonder if I'll eventually get tired of this. I do get upset at times about how I feel like he doesn't "get" me but I know that he loves me more then he could love anyone.
The types of things that I do with other people (or just by myself) are: Running (including participating in races), soccer, socialize with friends/coworkers (usually grabbing food and drinks), go to the beach, layout by a pool, reading, puzzles, have logical conversations, decorating, renovating and yes house maintenance.
I have dated men that have much more in common with me. But for some reason, I never felt "connected" and to the few that I have, they would eventually drive me insane because of their need to always be around me.
And I think this is what I have discovered about myself and my marriage. I fell in love with my husband because he has his own life. Honestly, we could both be happy without each other. I like that his happiness doesn't depend on me. Its like the only thing we actually need from each other is just knowing we have each other. Does that make sense? The time I value most with him is when we are just laying in bed holding each other.
Don't get me wrong,I've definitely been frustrated with him about how we don't have much in common. And because of this, I find myself doing things with other people to make up for it. But its like as long as I can find other people (or often just do things by myself) to hang out with, i'm happy. He kinda lets me do my thing and I let him do his.
It's strange when I actually think about it though. We don't have sex hardly ever (i have an entirely other post on this and this is a problem!), we don't do anything together other than the watch a movie here and there and we really don't talk much, except for the occasional story he might experience from work. It's like, what's the point? But if I am still happy and I still love him then is this relationship good? I just wonder if I'll eventually get tired of this. I do get upset at times about how I feel like he doesn't "get" me but I know that he loves me more then he could love anyone.
The types of things that I do with other people (or just by myself) are: Running (including participating in races), soccer, socialize with friends/coworkers (usually grabbing food and drinks), go to the beach, layout by a pool, reading, puzzles, have logical conversations, decorating, renovating and yes house maintenance.
Put the internet to work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment