Pages

Search blog and web

Marriage -Fight-Verbal Abuse

Life
It is not easy to write my painful situation. Yesterday, I was shattered . My hear broke. My marriage is a mistake. I married my friend – we used to work together. The reason for the marriage was bonding of love. It's weak now. He changed a lot. We didn't have much similarity other than same working area. We are from different states, speak different languages, socially different person. But the strength was friendship, compatibility; we used to understand each other. Everything disappeared.
My daily life is full of verbal abuse, humiliation and no cooperation. What happened yesterday? Nothing serious. His family is orthodox south Indian family, not much education but rich. They believe in dowry tradition just like majority of South Indians, whereas I am from an educated, cultured Bengali household. From my childhood I was inspired to learn and participate in social reformation. So my expectation was as an educated member of my husband's family he atleast should state that the dowry tradition is awful. It humiliates female dignity. Some one is getting married with huge dowry ( according to him Gift) . But he said already I am a problem because of interstate marriage so he will never say against dowry. I am outspoken – rebel and I don't deserve respect, yes every time I hear these. My upbringing tells me to go for education, protest if there is something wrong . Is it very wrong? Did I do a mistake by asking him to say a single word against dowry. So finally he didn't listen –shouted like a mad man , humiliated me ,no sign of love or respect as if I did a crime.
Probably my expectation was too much. But different opinion doesn't mean verbal abuse and humiliation. It was so rude and pathetic behavior that I am thinking after my parents death I will be left alone in this earth. Don't know how long I can survive. Probably I can't. Did I tell you I am the single child and my parents are 70 yrs old. I can't share my sorrow with them .So here I am , lonely , sad and pathetic.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment