Pages

Search blog and web

Wife wants me to disown my family

So this all starting getting worse after my sister died last year of cancer. It is only was only me and my sister and my parents are 67 and a mess. I have a niece and a nephew that are teenagers and having a tough time coping as well. My parents are struggling as I am as well. I still cannot believe she is gone. Well two months after my sister died my brother in law starting dating. 9 months later he is remarried to a girl who needed a green card. So needless to say that made things tough with him and my parents. Well my parents have been fighting a lot more and my wife doesn't want our kids around them. I talked to my parents and told them to tone it down in front of the kids and at events. I said you can vent to me on the phone or email but not in front of any of the kids.

Well this past weekend my wife invited my brother in law and his new wife to a party at our house. It has only been a year and 4 months since my sister has passed. I personally don't want to have anything to do with them. He is not my brother and as long as I see the niece and nephew I am ok with that. But my wife doesn't want to be the one who doesn't invite them. My mom came, but was very upset. My dad couldn't take it and didn't go to the party. Me and my mom were polite and said hi to the new wife, but really didn't look her in the eye much or converse with her. I kept things short, because I am still not ok with it. My mom was not the best either but didn't get nasty.

Now my wife wants me to disown my side of the family because I act different when my mom is around and would never do that otherwise. I know I should side my wife, which I always do but do you think I am crazy?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment