Pages

Search blog and web

Wanted: Mothers' Perspective

I'm the proud father of a newborn baby. Wife and I have had 4 tumultuous years of marriage.

Recently, I've left a demanding job for a more flexible one to spend more time with wife and baby. I get home around 4:30 (work 6 days a week) and help out periodically until 11, when he sleeps. The only times I don't help are when he's feeding.

Clearly, rearing a child is no picnic for either side. What I would like to know is, mothers, in your infinite child-rearing suffering, do you think about the husband's perspective? If he comes home from a hard day's work, is it fair for you to give the baby to him to take care of by himself for the rest of the day?

What's your husbands contribution to rearing the child? What's his attitude towards it? Does he feel or need appreciation? Do you show it? Affection? Sex? I get none of the above b/c she says she's suffering more than I am. I still try to hug her, rub her back and say nice things, but it's not as frequently anymore. It's hard to force yourself to be nice to someone who's just plain nasty to you 80-90% of the time.

Am I being selfish and expecting too much/not really helping out as much as I think?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment