Pages

Search blog and web

My mum's kicking me out.

  • Thread Starter

Long story short.

My mother and I have always had a strained relationship - possibly literally from my birth. We've just never got on well for very long. I could genuinely write a book on how she has made my life difficult.

Now at 24, 25 in a couple months, if I'm honest I think we're both amazed that we've made it this far. Considering how many times she's kicked out or threatened to kick me out since my dad died.

So yesterday I came home to find a load of my stuff packed in black bags and my room basically trashed. This is the most extreme she has ever gone so it seems real now.

Anyway I know many at my age are very independent - I feel like a loser even making this thread. Thing is, I only graduated last year, I've got a job that basically gets me by, I haven't yet managed to attain a good graduate job that pays well unfortunately. And living in London rental prices so high... And I've spoken to a council and looked online and naturally I'm not considered a priority for housing support. It's not an ideal position to be in, but I suppose the struggle will toughen me up.

I guess I'm making this thread to vent and for just general advice. I imagine there are others that have been in similar positions.

Thanks

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment