Pages

Search blog and web

I don't seem interested anymore

Over the last year I have been putting all my efforts into our relationship. There has been a few bumps along the way, as to be expected. Our sexual frequency has increased quite a bit and everything seemed great.
We decided in late May or early June to put our house up for sale and downsize. I've taken care of all the work in the outside of the house, did any work on the inside that needed to be done and my wife has been cleaning and de-cluttering.
The last time we were intimate was a week after Father's Day.
I am typically high drive and (used to) think about sex literally every few waking moments. Now I've noticed in the last week and a half I've rarely thought about it. Out of habit I tried to rub one out the other day but just couldn't finish the task. I have no desire to try initiate and don't really care if the wife does either.
It's almost like I feel no attraction to my wife (sexually) anymore or even want (need) sex.
I had my T levels checked in January and my Dr said they were normal. Which I thought as I was always horny and ready to go. Now, I could care less.
Since November, I've lost 35lbs, been lifting 4x/week, brought my A1c from 7.0 to 5.8 and lowered my LDL cholesterol from 4.78 to 2.01. Physically, I'm in as good of shape or better than I was in my 20's. Now at almost 51, it feels like my sex drive just instantly shut off as though a switch had been turned off.
We did have an incident over the weekend where I saw a text she sent that had a very derogatory comment about me. I waited almost 2 days to bring the issue up (had to cool down) as I was just livid about it.
We talked and worked things out, but now I feel even less attracted to her.
I'm not sure if it's stress from trying to sell the house, my increased workload. Or all the above combined.
It just feels really weird to me that sex has fallen completely off my radar. Even when I see scantily clad younger hard bodies I don't think of sex.
I find this troubling. Any thoughts???

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment