Pages

Search blog and web

Is unhappiness reason enough?

Firstly, my husband and I have been together 10 years, married for 8, have two beautiful children and have had good years. I'm 27, him 30. I am unhappy. It has been progressively worse starting about 3 years ago. It got to the point where my once loving almost annoyingly so husband became miserable to live with. It got the worst when I went back to work and he had to start taking care of the kids more, and helping more with housework. I begged him to go to a counselor, he refused, stated he knew his problem was his job and the area we lived (military so we move often) and figured once we moved he'd be better. I tried, I really did, but he was gone, done, was set in his mind set. I stopped trying, threw myself into my job, and my children. We became roommates. Our once fantastic sex life became sparser and sparser, I felt obligated to sleep with him as he is my husband but I no longer wanted to. I found myself avoiding him, avoiding getting dressed in fron t of him as I was scared he'd try to have sex with me. We finally moved away and he is happy now, I am still not. I'm miserable, we have reversed roles, except I put up with him for years and he forced me to go to a counselor after a few months (called and set up appointments w/out my approval). I finally had the courage to tell him I was done, I feel extremely selfish but I'm so unhappy and no longer feel attracted towards him. He has started being loving, overly so, begging for us to work it out, finally agreeing to marriage counseling, quitting tobacco, drinking and wants me to stay. The only thing keeping me is our children, I'm scared that a split would hurt them. We've had one session that was not fruitful. My question for all is unhappiness reason enough? I feel me wanting to be happy is so selfish, divorce is so hard for all involved. I know this is a long post but it's still just skims the surface...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment