Pages

Search blog and web

Lost in translation

  • Thread Starter

My roommate and I are both from abroad but we attend uni in England. My roommate has a boyfriend and whereas he is actually a nice guy (he's English, btw) his way of asking her if she'd like to get together kind of makes us laugh. Not that we'd ever tell him that!

Anyway, if he wants to see her he'll text her saying, 'Do you want to see me tonight', 'You want to see me then', 'You want to see me for dinner...'.
Now, to me that sounds a little like he's thinking a bit highly of himsel but maybe it doesn't mean anything like that at all. I would think he'd say, "want to get together", "I'd like to see you". To me it sounds like he's doing her a favour by letting her see him.

She's become my closest friend and I like her bf but is that the way most English guys would ask a girl to see them or is he just a bit cocky? No, it is non of my business and my roommate just laughs we he says that but maybe we are 'lost in translation' and it is a normal way an English guy would ask his girl to see him.

Just curious.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment