Pages

Search blog and web

Girlfriend NEVER backs me up.

  • Thread Starter

Me and my girlfriend (let's call her Polly) have been together for 9 months now. For the most part things are going well, but whenever there's some disagreement of any sort between me and someone else close to her (e.g. friends, parents etc.) she never takes my side.

I'll just list some instances:

1) Around 6 months ago Polly asked for my opinion on a dress she was going to wear on a night out. I was honest and told her I thought it was a bit 'questionable', but reiterated that it wasn't my choice and she was free to wear what she wanted. She told her mum that I wasn't too keen and her mum responded to her by saying I was being controlling, which was clearly not the case, yet Polly just let her say it and didn't back me up at all, even when she knew her mum was wrong.

2) Her friends regularly insult me (not to me, to Polly) but she has never really said anything to them. One of them (who has never even met me) called me a bastard and said I was a 'total waste of space'. Her other friend told her that she 'could do 100x better than me' and told me that not only did she not back me up, but that her friend 'might have had a point'.

3) Her mum has also called me a number of things, like a no-hoper (even though I'm going to a Russell Group university), a bastard, and her mum even called me 'damaged' because of a few family deaths earlier in my life and a slightly rough upbringing. But I was never backed up in as far as Polly tells me, and in the 'damaged' and 'bastard' situations, I know for a fact that she didn't back me up because I was upstairs and could hear them..


What does this say? Am I overreacting? What can I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment