Pages

Search blog and web

breaking point?

Don't ever say that you have reached your breaking point, Chances are that you still have a long ways to go... I thought I was at my breaking point when my place of work started to fall apart. My entire department either got let go or quit. leaving me with more work then I can handle. My Job hired a temp to help me out where she can, and I love her for what she does, but there is only so much work she is able to take off my shoulders when you work for a publishing company. I even took a very small three day weekend to try to recover from the stresses of work. It doesn't seem like much, but taking even the one day off was a miracle in its self.

I'm not only having to deal with the stress of my job, but once I got to the point I really couldn't take it anymore, My Husband and I start to bump heads. Normally a fight between me and my husband consists of us getting upset and not speaking to each other for the day. I am very non-confrontational and get too emotional for a "real fight". This time was different. When he snapped at me I couldn't handle it. I got up to wash the dishes to try and shrug it off, but got even more upset. I finished, got my keys put on my shoes and drove off.... I didn't go anywhere in particular, Im highly against sharing my relationship conflicts with my family. But I live fairly close to the mountains, so I when for a drive through the canons, let out a huge scream as soon as I got out into the open, which is not something I normally do... I was being accused of being selfish and self centered. I don't deny that. I practically raised myself, and have always been a very dependent person. when joining an extremely close family it was something and still is something I am trying very hard to get used too. I mean I have nothing against it but my husband texts his mom on a daily biases with out fail. I go months without talking to my own. My husband also has very bad Anxiety. We have learned to get through it, but some things like getting out of the state to see new things is one thing I had to give up.... he can't travel anywhere without getting an anxiety attack, where as I used to love to travel.... so getting out and going to the mountains brought new tears on how I missed the open... I love my Husband dearly and I will never leave his side... But I can handle everything hitting me at once... with as much as I give, and have given up, I feel like I should get a little something when I could use it... its not all about me me me... but sometimes is it really that selfish to think that is should be about me when all I want to do is be with my husband and no one else .

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment