Pages

Search blog and web

Stopping ciggies

Started at 16 with a Spanish brand called Ducados - donkey poop tobacco! It was so bad I can't believe how hard I tried to become a smoker! Quit in January 2006.

Started again during the recovery phase of my ex leaving me early last year. And I actually enjoyed it up until a few months ago. Tried quitting but nicotinel patches never stuck and it didn't feel right.

Got some new patches and disgusting gum in from the States and quit 5 days ago.

3 days ago my eldest son who has lived with his mother for 4 years has got in touch and will move to live with me. I think the whole thing has just hit me. Had a menthol smoke 10 mins ago with a beer at home. It tasted bad and made me a bit dizzy. The ciggie not the beer!

I got one ciggie left so I'm thinking just smoke the bloody thing and put it into perspective - 2 ciggies in 5 days ain't bad going.

It hasn't been particularly difficult up to this moment - reconnecting with my son and having a beer without the company of my current partner. She is studying MA part-time and is at college tonight.

Funny how things turn out.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment