Pages

Search blog and web

Do you think a relationship can work if your partner's parents don't like you?

  • Thread Starter

My boyfriend and I have been having some issues recently but we talked it through and decided on a compromise we both agree with and have worked it all out <3

However, before we had sorted things out he told his parents about our issues.

He didn't do it to complain or bitch about me, he just wanted to ask for their advice which is totally understandable.. but ever since he told me they know about our fight and personal things about me that (if he hadn't told them) they would never have known, I just feel awkward...

To make things worse they side with him.. (He's their son so its kind of obvious that they would do that) but now I feel like they don't like me and they think I'm causing their son to be unhappy.. :( I don't know what to do.. He tried explaining to them that I feel this way but they said it doesn't matter what they think and their not going to treat me any different than they normally would...

I know they would never be rude to my face but I'm worried they think bad of me...

To me family is very important and I want them to like me.. I know from past experiences that if your partner's parents don't like you it can make things very difficult..

Should I talk to them about it and try to explain my side or would that make the situation worse? Should I just pretend it never happened and act normal.. I have no clue..

(My Bf and I have been together for a year and we never really argue.. this was the first serious argument that we have had)

Any advice would be much appreciated.. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment