Pages

Search blog and web

Break up, thoughts about other people, appropriate timing to move forward, etc..

  • Thread Starter

I just wondered is there an appropriate or 'socially acceptable' time for, when leaving a relationship, to start thinking about other people and moving on romantically and such? Does anybody really care? Is it an individual case? etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My own personal reasons for wondering this are below if your interested:
I've very recently come out of a long-term LDR (roughly about five years, about one-and-a-half of which were not LDR), and it was something that has been falling apart throughout the last year but its only recently we both realised it and admitted to ourselves that it had to end.

I'm still studying at university and there is someone I know, (I feel like I barely know her but thats because I see people as insanely complicated and secretive creatures and I question everything I think about), I've known her for a couple of months I think we are friendly enough, she's helped me out on a few creative projects at university and while as I said I don't her overly well or much about her, everything I do know just interests me even more, we seem to have a quite a few similar interests too from what I know.The problem is both myself and her seem to be the incredibly shy people, and personally I find it really hard to know how to talk to her more 'socially', mainly because I'll over analyse everything I do or say to the point where I don't say or do anything. I realised a couple of weeks ago that I find her attractive both mentally and physically, and I don't want to be the sort of person who forms a professional relationship/friendship with someone but secretly harbours 'feelings' of a sort, I also wouldn't like to jeopardise any professional relationship/friendship either by admitting things. My hope is I think to just speak to tell her that I find her interesting/attractive, would like to get to know her more, possibly ask her out etc, privately when in person next and just 'see' and hope if there is nothing potentially there (I'm terrible at reading body language/interest etc, so I would have idea of her thoughts unless spoken), then hope everything else can continue as normal, if not slightly awkward at first, which actually seems less scary then if there was something potentially there as I'm not sure I would know what to do. I feel I may want to just 'take a leap' in any case and see what happens, or I'll just hold back out of nervousness.

On top of all this I feel like a horrible person for already thinking about other people in a romantic sense after so recently exiting a long-term LDR.

Due to having such a long-term relationship previously, I haven't really thought about what would happen or what I would do afterwards, and to be honest I'm not sure how things generally 'work ', so to speak.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment