Pages

Search blog and web

how do I shake this feeling of guilt?

  • Thread Starter

Hi

This is my first post on tsr, and despite my username I'm honestly not a troll so please can I only have serious advice.

So here's the situation: I got into medical school :) of course I'm incredibly excited and so is my family too. If it wasn't for their encouragement I would have never got where I am now. I'm incredibly grateful for all they've done.

They've said that they are going to help me out financially and help cover things that my student loan won't cover. We've been out buying things for halls (duvets, bed sheets, kitchen things etc) and that cost a small fortune.

They've spent a lot of money on me over the years - well into the £10s of thousands. But I haven't been completely honest with them. I'm gay. They don't know and I don't plan on telling them soon because I'm not ready for it. They're incredibly homophobic - they'll disown me and cut me off from their lives. Before anyone assumes (as is the thing to do on tsr) I'm not Asian or Muslim. I'm Catholic. I don't want this thread to become a religious debate so please don't turn it into one.

I feel so guilty every time they spend money on me because I know I will break their heart. I don't know how I'll cope for the next 5/6 years during med school. I'd only want to tell them I'm gay once I qualify and am financially stable. So yeah.. Six years of keeping up this lie and living with the guilt. Please can someone give me some advice on what to do?

Tl;Dr - I'm gay, my parents will disown me when they find out, they've spent so much money raising me and getting me to uni and I feel very guilty I'm going to break their hearts

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment