Pages

Search blog and web

Fear I may be seen as a 'failure' or bit of a bum?

  • Thread Starter

Trying to find a better word for failure, as I don't associate myself with that word...maybe under achiever might be more apt.

Anyhow- I'm 25 years old. I'm a relatively intelligent, socialable, responsible, independent and I'd suppose, at least average looking guy.

However...I'm 25, and I'm stuck in a job I don't like, at a supermarket. I'm a team leader, so I carry responsibility, just not the paycheck to go with it (about 14k after tax!).
I have no urge to go further up the ladder- I'm discussioned with this industry and do not want to be involved with it for much longer.

I want to quit, but I don't know what for. I have no idea what I want to do with my life (job wise).
I've been thinking about quitting without anything lined up as I hate it that much, and partly thinking I might be extra motivated to find something else...but don't want to seem like a bum.

I live with my parents, with not much hope of that improving in the near future.

I'm just worried that not having a half decent job, may appear unattractive (which would be exacerbated by not having a job, if I quit). If a girl was thinking longer term, how could I support her, move out with her, support a family on 14k.

Anyone else in a similar situation, or been in one and survived? What do the ladies think?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment