Pages

Search blog and web

Same Sex Exposure...

I don't want to start a war with this, I'm just looking for some input from other parents of young kids. Mine are 5 and 10 yrs. They've had a pretty "normal" upbringing to this point. Kid's books, Disney movies etc... I'm wrestling with the continued proliferation (saturation) of same sex and transgender stuff in the media. Example....they're watching Cupcake Wars this morning. One of the competitors is a guy and his boyfriend and they're getting married.... My kids were totally confused and I'm not sure if this is the right age for a "teaching moment" on this. They've also been exposed to the "Jenner" thing but its so out there it hasn't registered (thankfully) So I'm torn on how much I need to be limiting media in my home (Cupcake Wars? really?), what is age appropriate at 10 and at 5, my own views on these topics (which are admittedly conflicted..) and probably more.... thoughts?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment