Pages

Search blog and web

I feel like giving up on us

I have been with my common law husband for 5 years. We have 2 small children. I have 3 teenagers from a previous marriage and he has 1 from a previous relationship. My husband is currently in a rehab facility for alcoholism 1500 miles away. We have had some severe issues come up and they kept getting worse. Luckily he did go to rehab. And I think before he went, I had convinced myself that the issues we had (he lied to me all the time, had a relationship with the mother of his son that I found to be inappropriate, was never home, did not financially contribute to anything), were because of the alcohol and if he got sober things would be much better. He has been in rehab for 2 months and we talk on the phone most days. We started joint counseling about 2 weeks ago over the phone with a counselor from the facility he is at. I have brought up past issues a lot because I have a lot of resentment and want to move past it. But I guess I don't feel I can do that as long as I feel he still isn't listening to me and is not remorseful, which to me means he must not care. I have brought up the fact that he lied constantly about where he was going and what he was doing. I brought up that he still tells his ex (mother of his son) that he loves her, lies to me about meeting up with her, calls her to talk about our relationship issues, etc. Although I don't think there has been physical infidelity, I still feel very hurt and betrayed. Not to mention the fact that he has not been nice to me in forever. He criticizes everything I do, if I don't put on makeup, etc while he literally rarely cam home. He says he is working hard in rehab and he only has 2 weeks left. I have not seen much improvement in the 2 months he has been there. He says he is committed to staying sober and that things will be different, but he still uses the same condescending tone with me a lot of the time like he did before he left. He told me the other day he is unable t o tell me how he feels if a counselor isn't sitting with him. I feel like giving up because I'm exhausted! What do I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment