Pages

Search blog and web

Self harm and making friends at university?

  • Thread Starter

I'm starting university in a hot country next month and I'm desperate to make a good first impression.

I never really had friends at school in the UK and got bullied a lot, long story short I used to self harm my left forearm to the extent that there are now some very obvious scars there. They have faded to white (I'm pale white) but the extent is still obvious.

I want this to be a fresh start and to hopefully make some friends but I'm so worried that everyone will immediately judge me and so I'll be alone....again. Like I said, it's a hot country (36C everyday) so long sleeves are kind of out of the question.

I wanted advice on what I can do to maximise my chance of making friends? I'm really not very good at it after my school experience and I'm extremely anxious that I'm going to fail and spend the whole time alone. I'm male in my early 20's.

Anyone got any advice?


ps. I know self harming was stupid, I haven't done it in a couple of years.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment