Pages

Search blog and web

huge blow out

So I am not trying to make excuses for myself, but now I'm in a real bind.

5 years ago I had a daughter with my now ex-husband who died at birth. We also had a 6 year old son who went through the traumatic experience with us. Since then we have divorced and I have remarried an ass of a man.

2 weeks ago it was her 5th "birthday" and it was a hell of a week. I was extremely depressed. I decided that on her birthday I would hire a babysitter for my husband's daughter (I watch her all summer) and go to the mall and spend the day pampering myself. I ended up meeting my ex and son for lunch so we could talk to my son and have him open up. He has been dealing with depression and anxiety. I texted my husband telling him that I got a babysitter and I was headed to the mall. He responds with "how much are you paying her?" Then I got mad. I work full-time as a teacher, take care of the house, watch his kids. And he makes six figures. I told him that the sitter was doing it for free so I can have time for me.

Yesterday he found out that I had lunch with my son and ex and was so angry saying that I lied and that I always shut him out, and that if I want to hire a babysitter then we aren't going on dates anymore, and basically just went off on me.

There is absolutely NOTHING left between my ex and I, but we do share this memory and I feel that it's important for my son to be able to celebrate his sister with us.

I shared this with my husband who was still freaking out saying I lied. I ended up telling him the truth that I am afraid of him and his reactions sometimes. Then he got even more angry. I tried expressing that he goes out with his ex-wife when they need to talk to their daughter about something important and that she texts and calls all the time when it comes to the kids. I expressed that my ex doesn't and when he wants to have a conversation with our son...then we need to be able to do that.

I ended up apologizing and telling him that I will not keep things from him anymore. But he just stormed off angry.

I think this is the end. And part of me thinks he wants me to leave, but likes playing the "good guy" in every relationship fail.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment