Pages

Search blog and web

The separation journey … what to expect?

I would love feedback on how you experienced a trial separation - the ups and downs, range of emotions, how did your feeling about M change during the period?

I'm only on day 6 of a 3 month trial separation and I'm surprised at how well it is going, but my emotions are all over the place these first few days. Also, I can tell he is doing the 180 and this is honestly a relief after the anger/passive aggressive behavior/ guilt he put me through before agreeing to separate. But it is surreal to see him behave so "professionally" and maturely with me. It confuses me.

(Background: I asked for the separation and initially my H refused but after a big blow up argument he agreed to move out. I'm at our home with our 10 year old daughter).

Curious - what were the cycles of ups and downs like for you? How did your child/children respond? Were there big weeks in terms of turning points of how you felt and how you felt about the M? Did you feel tired/drained then optimistic/energetic? Did you retreat socially or want to be with friends and family (if so when?).

And for those that separated and reconciled, how is that going? Do the same arguments happen or did something change fundamentally for the better?

I just want to know more of a chronology or high level time line of your stories, whether you initiated the separation or your S did.

I can give more details about why we are separating if that helps.

Thanks!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment