Pages

Search blog and web

Being a Mindful, Supportive Wife

I have been married for twenty one years. We were so young when we got married, but we have been successful in our lives together. One of the things I am working on now is being more mindful of how I treat him in the everyday. One of the first things we learned as a young couple was that you don't wait until someone feels neglected or ignored before improving. Our willingness to discuss with love and compassion and to stop negativity in the beginning has been instrumental in making our marriage strong. I'm learning how to be even more mindful in everyday interactions. My husband works a very high stressed job as an Engineer and I am trying to be more supportive. I seem to do well for a bit, but I admit I react on his frustration by getting angry at people at his work.....I have a bit of a temper. :grin2:
So, I guess my question is how do you show support for your husband's work without being reactionary. I know it stems from me loving him so very much and wanting to control how people treat him which is setting myself up for failure and is not helpful to him. He needs my support, not my temper at his coworkers. Ugh! What are some ways I can be supportive without being reactive? I'm trying to be more mindful of how I react to his work stories....and I admit to not being helpful with my anger at his coworkers. All suggestions welcome!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment