Pages

Search blog and web

Intercultural Marriage in Trouble

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum, mainly out of desperation in hopes of finding someone who can understand my situation. I live in the south so intercultural marriages are uncommon.

I've been with my husband for about 8.5 years, married just over 5. I'm American and he's from India (lived here for 13 years). We have serious issues. We've talked about divorce, etc. He refuses to go to a counselor. He says it's just not his culture, etc. When I say refuse, he's told me he prefers divorce over a therapist.

I started going to one because I just need to, but I've realized it isn't going to be as helpful as having both of us there. Maybe not helpful at all in the sense of keeping us together in a happy and healthy way. (It hurt him when I went to one alone and it would kill him knowing I'm writing this post. Boy, I'm a terrible person...)

I'm not even sure what I'm asking here. Perhaps I wonder if there's anyone out there who's been through anything similar and if they have any general thoughts. I feel pretty helpless...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment