New guy here...my story
My wife and I have been married for 12 years. We have three kids, from 7-11 years old.
Our marriage has been rocky even during the best times. We are both Christians and one of the things that I promised her before we got married was that I would lead her to a closer walk with God by example. I did not. I was too lazy.
We have fought off and on for most of our marriage. On 3 occasions, there was physicality on my part. The last time occurring about 5-6 years ago. She see me as a very angry man, and I have been. I was holding onto my past and being sexually abused from the ages of 7-17. I never intended on taking out my anger on her, but I did. However, it went both ways after a while. She would physically take out her anger towards me physically, with the most recent being two nights be fore she left.
She left on the 13th of this month. I have not spoken to her or my kids since then. She will not answer her phone, return messages, emails, etc. She wrote me a not saying that love should not have to hurt this bad and that I need help. That she was tired of my emotional and verbal abuse. (Naturally, it was both ways, but I'll focus on her pain as mine is negligible on this issue at this point in time) She claims that I am harsh with the children and she couldn't take it anymore.
She is Canadian, I am US. The kids are dual. We live in WA State about 2 miles from the border. When she left, she took the kids and went to Canada. Like I said, I have not spoken to her since she left. I recvd a text from her sister say that my wife had enrolled herself and our kids in counseling and that she would be months if not years to heal.
I am broken hearted for all the pain that I have caused in our marriage. I love her and my kids dearly, but am scared that she may be gone forever. I know all my legal rights, so I am not seeking advice for that. I am wondering if there can be any hope for a marriage like this.
I have men praying with me constantly. I have spent more time since she left in my Bible than I did our entire marriage. I have been reading books and am enrolling in mental health services for my issues.
One of the things that would trigger our fights was her always bringing up my past mistakes and failures. Never forgiving me and allowing us to move forward.
I have reached out to her multiple times during the past 2.5 weeks. Not one response directly from her. Always through her sister. No police reports were ever filed for the physicality on either side.
Please give advice if you can...
Tired of living alone.
My wife and I have been married for 12 years. We have three kids, from 7-11 years old.
Our marriage has been rocky even during the best times. We are both Christians and one of the things that I promised her before we got married was that I would lead her to a closer walk with God by example. I did not. I was too lazy.
We have fought off and on for most of our marriage. On 3 occasions, there was physicality on my part. The last time occurring about 5-6 years ago. She see me as a very angry man, and I have been. I was holding onto my past and being sexually abused from the ages of 7-17. I never intended on taking out my anger on her, but I did. However, it went both ways after a while. She would physically take out her anger towards me physically, with the most recent being two nights be fore she left.
She left on the 13th of this month. I have not spoken to her or my kids since then. She will not answer her phone, return messages, emails, etc. She wrote me a not saying that love should not have to hurt this bad and that I need help. That she was tired of my emotional and verbal abuse. (Naturally, it was both ways, but I'll focus on her pain as mine is negligible on this issue at this point in time) She claims that I am harsh with the children and she couldn't take it anymore.
She is Canadian, I am US. The kids are dual. We live in WA State about 2 miles from the border. When she left, she took the kids and went to Canada. Like I said, I have not spoken to her since she left. I recvd a text from her sister say that my wife had enrolled herself and our kids in counseling and that she would be months if not years to heal.
I am broken hearted for all the pain that I have caused in our marriage. I love her and my kids dearly, but am scared that she may be gone forever. I know all my legal rights, so I am not seeking advice for that. I am wondering if there can be any hope for a marriage like this.
I have men praying with me constantly. I have spent more time since she left in my Bible than I did our entire marriage. I have been reading books and am enrolling in mental health services for my issues.
One of the things that would trigger our fights was her always bringing up my past mistakes and failures. Never forgiving me and allowing us to move forward.
I have reached out to her multiple times during the past 2.5 weeks. Not one response directly from her. Always through her sister. No police reports were ever filed for the physicality on either side.
Please give advice if you can...
Tired of living alone.
Put the internet to work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment