My mum was born into poverty in London. When she was 25, she moved to Yorkshire with her boyfriend (my dad) where she met an old farmer in a pub. She left her boyfriend moved into the farmer's house, who was 67. She had two of his children - I was two at the time, so they are my half brothers and are two years younger than me. He died 2 years ago of prostate cancer and left all his estate and savings to my mum, as he was a lonely man with no family of his own.
Did my mum take advantage of him? Now she met a new boyfriend who is around her age and is pregnant with his baby. Obviously she has enough money not to work and has never worked in her life, as she is a millionaire now. I just find these kinds of stories so annoying because I feel like my mum cheated in life. A lot of people say she was successful and lucky but I think she just used her looks to get money without having to work.
What's your opinion? Sure, I love being comfortably rich but when I see other women working for a mortgage and such, I feel quite saddened.
Put the internet to work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment