It's almost a year now since I found that my husband of more than 38 years had been using prostitutes for years - first massage with happy endings and then full sex. He did this while travelling as well as in our home city - going in the day, when I was out of town and sometimes when he knew I would be working late. I can't describe what this has done to me. We're still together - going to counselling as individuals, and a a couple. After so long there is a lot to lose if we can't get through this. He seems very committed to staying together - and after two visits in the first month after I found out (I discovered this some time later) says he isn't seeing prostitutes any more. He lied to me so often, I don't know what I can believe. To make matters worse, he lost his job and is not happy about that. He's looking for work, but not talking to me about it. I think that's because he's looking to work in Asia - where he started with the prostitutes (yes, I st ill look at his emails when I get the opportunity). He really liked Asian women. He didn't tell me this - I found the messages on a forum he was involved in.
The problem is my enormous unhappiness, and disgust with what he did. I've tried everything I can think of to help myself deal with this (focusing on me, losing weight, buying nice clothes - I've just done a meditation course, and am enrolled in a mindfulness course), but there are times when I don't know whether I can do it. I know what I need to do - focus on going forward, not think about the past - but sometimes it overwhelms me. I still cry often. My default is unhappy.
The subject line on this message says it all - can it be done? Can a marriage come back from something like this? If you've succeeded, please tell me what helped you.
The problem is my enormous unhappiness, and disgust with what he did. I've tried everything I can think of to help myself deal with this (focusing on me, losing weight, buying nice clothes - I've just done a meditation course, and am enrolled in a mindfulness course), but there are times when I don't know whether I can do it. I know what I need to do - focus on going forward, not think about the past - but sometimes it overwhelms me. I still cry often. My default is unhappy.
The subject line on this message says it all - can it be done? Can a marriage come back from something like this? If you've succeeded, please tell me what helped you.
Put the internet to work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment