Pages

Search blog and web

I want my wife and son back...eventually

I'm an alcoholic. I just went through rehab and just had my first month sober. I know that's not a very long time, but I'm in this to save my life.

Here's what's happening: My wife and son moved in with her mom (more about her later) and I went into treatment for alcohol abuse. After treatment, I moved into a Sober House where I plan on staying for 6 months. I'm also attending AA and therapy.

Here's what happened: I ruined my marriage with my alcohol use. I drove my family into financial ruin to support my habit and missed out on a lot of my son's life due to addiction. I told my wife so many lies that I can't even remember what's up and what's down.

She says she wants and needs to be alone. She doesn't want to be around me (especially if her mother is near) and she is keeping my son from me. Her mother wants her to divorce me and move on...her mother divorced her father at the same point (7 years) into their marriage and I just guess that "misery loves company."

I would do anything to have my family back.

Does anyone have any advice? I will be more than willing to share more details if needed.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment