Pages

Search blog and web

Feeling lonely in marriage

I have been married for 15 years and have been happy for the vast majority of my marriage. My husband is my first serious boyfriend and I have known him since I was 18. I will turn 40 in a few months. During the past 4 years I have lived away from my husband for long periods of time in order to achieve career goals that allowed me to gain a position that I always dreamed of. He supported my decisions, even if it was difficult for both of us. I admit that I am very career oriented and have studied and worked very hard to be where I am today. On the other hand my husband is not career oriented at all but has achieved a lot in sports, a hobby for him that he takes very seriously. Two years ago we moved abroad to Europe, to a country where he does not speak the language. I work full time which I am happy to do whilst he practices his hobbies. He has made many friends that enjoy same hobbies. I do not mid this as I appreciate that he would otherwise be bored. However he now trains several hours a day, including weekends. Somehow we manage to fit in some time to have time together, but I feel we are drifting apart. Even in the evenings he is preparing training plans or doing online research related to sports. I find myself missing his attention and affection, almost have to remind him about this. He has never been the affectionate type but many times I feel we are now like friends. A whole week can pass without a kiss or a cuddle and this annoys me. He participates in sports events, shares his achievements online or social media and I get to see this when he remembers to show me, some two weeks later. I find myself thinking...is this how the years ahead are going to be for me? I want companionship, friendship, affection, trust and love. I love my husband a lot, but I feel I am not getting the attention I deserve. When I do mention this, he reminds me that he moved country etc for me to achieve my ambitions. I do appreciate that, b ut at the same time this has allowed him also to dedicate his entire team to his hobbies and passions. I am frustrated, sad, fed up and the only joy I seem to have these days is from my work. Have you been through this, can things get better? Should I demand that he change....any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment