Pages

Search blog and web

Husband chooses his free time over supporting his family

I am a working mother of a 1 year old, that can not afford daycare, so I rely on my mother to watch my son without pay. My husband is a poker dealer, only works 4 days a week, and every work day is between 2-5 hours long. Working for tips is stressful and difficult I know. But very inconsistent pay.
I have just recently taken on a second job, because both of our incomes combined, we still are over-drawn in our account every month just paying bills/rent/groceries/gas etc.

My husband on the other hand...refuses to find another job, or better, more consistent paying job. He goes on his runs every morning and plays his round of Disc golf. On his 3 days off he likes to go to his friends house to play pool/drink. He still complains that he does not get to go cycling anymore and he would be a lot happier if he did.
I have tried to tell him to get another job so he can support his family like he should, and he gets defensive. He claims that money does not buy happiness (and many people in the world would agree), but for someone in OUR position, penny pinching everyday, and struggling to pay our bills, and feeding our son the right nutritious foods he should be having...DAMN STRAIGHT money would make us a whole lot happier!

The thing is...I know that his free time to do what he wants for HIM, is more important than making sure his family is well taken care of. I thought I was marrying an "old fashioned" type of guy, but I was very wrong. I feel that if this continues, I am just going to resent him more and more until its too late. I love my husband, and want nothing more than to make this marriage work, especially for our son's sake. I just wish he would try harder!!

Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment