Pages

Search blog and web

Forgive and Move On or Make an Exit?

I found out 4 years ago that my husband had a one night stand with a work associate. At the time we were going through a rough patch financially and he said he didn't feel appreciated. I found out a few months later and decided to work through it for the sake of our three children. We went to counseling and moved on. Now fast forward to the present, I recently found out that the affair I know about was the second one. He had a three month affair earlier that same year with another work associate. He didn't tell me at the time for fear that I would leave. He was right of course, I would have. But I found out because he had been recently texting this person. Flirty texts, checking in with each other, meeting for lunch. But he swears it was nothing else. He seems to truly regret all of it. He says he no longer talks to the girl he was texting. He loves me and wants our marriage to work. Other than these instances he has been Mr Wonderful! But I am having a hard time letting things go. I want to believe that any sexual encounters happened years ago and the remorse he is showing to me is true. But how can I ever trust him again? I feel empty inside and like I just want to end it. But I worry about the impact that would have on our kids. They have a happy home life and this would be devastating. Advice anyone????

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment