Pages

Search blog and web

Happy Father's Day to all the TAM Dads!

I hope all of the Dads here have a wonderful Father's Day! Extra special wishes for all the single dads, especially the FULL time single dads/widowers!

What's one thing you think you're good at as a dad?

If you're not a dad, what's one thing that you admire(d) about your dad, or anyone else who is a dad (i.e. husband, brother, friend) if your dad wasn't so great?

One thing I loved about my dad was that he was always SO positive. He only has one word on his gravestone...."Excellent." That's the word everyone knew him by because whenever he was greeted and asked how are you doing, he'd say, "Excellent!" in a booming voice. My dad was a high level executive in a Fortune 500 company, but was always sure to praise and compliment even the most menial of jobs. I remember one time he was in the hospital (he conquered stage IV bladder cancer) and I called him as I usually did at 7AM, and he said, "Oh hold on a second honey, the aide is here to give me my breakfast....."Jim," you are doing an EXCELLENT job! Thank you so much!"

My dad looooved Wendy's Frosties and also loved Dave Thomas (we went to hear him speak many years ago as part of my alma mater's Lyceum series) and his life story. Every year on Father's Day, Wendy's donates 50 cents for every Frosty purchase to the Dave Thomas adoption fund. My dad died of a heart attack on Christmas Day 2006, but I haven't missed a Father's Day Frosty since then, in memory of him. Even though I have a very busy day packing to move tomorrow, I'll be sure to make a special trip out for my Frosty! :)

My thoughts are with everyone for whom Father's Day is hard, whether it be because of a loss of your dad, a sick dad, an unfulfilled desire to be a dad, or a less-than-ideal dad.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment