Pages

Search blog and web

Filing OP from abusive H- advice

So basically I am filing an OP this week, my lawyer is helping me draft it and I believe I may go Thursday.

My stbx was abusive and I have been considering that he has a personality disorder (he is almost a poster child from what I have read).

Lately he has been very quiet, I found out that he is now engaged... so I assume busy spinning his next web.

He has filed for divorce, but not served me. I think because he cannot find me.
My lawyer will be asking for maintenance and reimbursement of marital assets/property. Also my lawyer fees since stbx left me penniless (our state allows for my lawyer to take HIS lawyers retainer if he won't pay)

I'm scared though. I know as soon as this emergency order is in place the cards will be on the table, he will know I don't just plan on signing everything over.

Has anyone been in this situation with someone not mentally stable?
He owns guns and numerous knives.. will they make him surrender those?

I have also been thinking about counselling. I had a close friend open my eyes today. But I guess we all think we can just get over these issues without help. I now know it has been impacting me more than I like to admit. Does it ever get better?

Thank you




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment