Pages

Search blog and web

anyone have a husband with opposite schedule

I work weekdays in an office from 8-5. I have a pretty stressful job. My husband works shift work, working 3 weekends a month, with days off during the week. He works until 9 or so about 10 days of the month. In addition, my husband is taking online classes. Due to our opposite schedules and his schooling, we don't get to do much together.

I have encouraged my husband to find a weekday job, and he's trying somewhat. He gets depressed after sending a few resumes out and not getting calls, though. I remind him that it often takes many resumes being sent out to get hired. He gets down, though, and will stop sending out resumes for a while. Plus, he stays so busy with school and projects around the house that he runs out of time to send out resumes.

I'm frustrated. I want to spend more time with my husband, and I feel we are drifting apart. We just always seem so busy with work and things that have to be done around the house, as well as his schooling. He's nowhere near being done with school either. I don't think my husband thinks his schedule is any big deal because he's done it so long. I just want him to be available on weekends and holidays, like today. I get tired of spending so much time alone.

Any suggestions? Do I just wait to see if he can find another job and hope for the future? Do I ask him to stop school, knowing that might be his only hope of finding a better job? I don't want to drift apart any more?

Btw, our kids are grown. We have been married 3 years.
Posted via Mobile Device




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment