Pages

Search blog and web

Is a vasectemy the answer?

Hi, I am new here but need some outside advice to help me sort through some of my thoughts and feelings...

My husband (25) and I (22) have been married 3 years, together for 4, and have 2 children together (2yo DD and 3 months DS). We love them like crazy and are so blessed! But we definitely have changed a lot since we got together... We have a pretty rocky relationship to be honest but we are trying SUPER hard to make things work since we seriously love eachother and can't imagine either of us leaving when it actually comes down to it... plus we don't think it would be healthy to raise our children in a broken home... it's just not what we want even though we are struggling to hold our marriage together...

As things are, my husband is 100% ready to get a vasectemy. He says he is happy with our family as it is, and that he didn't marry me for the kids we could have. He want's to be able to spend time with me and get out and have fun, be spontanious, and not have to work himself crazy to support a large family or shell out tons of money just to go out to dinner as a family. He also has discovered that he isn't exactly cut out for babies and looks forward to our young children to be a couple years older so he can be more interactive with them both.

I'm in LOVE with the baby years, and am a SAHM planning to homeschool our kids (which he is totally supportive of). I come from a HUGE family and always imagined myself having lots and lots of kids as well, but I'm also exhausted with the two, and don't really know that I want many more either...

I am not wanting to get on BC because of hormonal concerns, and hubby is really wanting to stop using condoms bc we enjoy being free in our sexuality and not tied to making sure we have one nearby etc... also, our second was conceived even though we were trying to be careful with condoms :o

I'm pretty much on the fence about letting him go ahead and get a vasectemy mainly bc we are barely making it in our marriage as it is, and I don't want to lose him due to stress building up too much more, and I am pretty sure if we just continue natural family planning we're going to slip up and find ourselves pregnant again! (which we would accept as God's plan). Also, I really like the idea of being able to give him more attention and time as our kids grow. Personally, I would be thrilled to have another in a couple of years, but he definitely doesn't want 3 and says if we had a third he would want to have a fourth for the kid's sakes (he was raised in a family of 3 kids, and said one was always left out). But he doesn't think he can handle 4!

I know I have to sort this out in my own heart but I need some outside advice... any thoughts?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment