Pages

Search blog and web

Agrument over anniversary gift

We celebrated our 21st anniversary a couple of weekends ago while out of town on a previously committed trip for a different reason. A couple of weeks prior, I told my husband what I would like because he had not asked. Over the past few years I've picked out several pieces of jewelry and a nice watch...I didn't need or want anymore jewelry at this time so I asked for a table that I had found for the hallway. It was easy, all he had to do was order it and pay for it online and pick it up when it came in. If he had done this when I asked, the table would have been here before leaving for our trip, and no, it didn't need to be put together :D

So we get to our destination and I realize not only did he not order the table but had not bought me anything. While in the gift shop I comment on a necklace that was cute...a hint so he would know what to buy even though I didn't need it.

The following day, our anniversary, he gives me the bag and I see it's from a jewelry store, not the gift shop and I start to worry. Some history here...he has a really bad track record for "blind" buying me anything and instead of buying a particular item I personally pick out he will buy me what he likes. I put off opening the gift because I already know 1) it's not the table:p 2) it's not the necklace from the gift shop, and 3) it's from a jewelers.

I finally open it...not only is it not my style, not even close, it doesn't fit properly. I let him know and show him but he doesn't care, just says he likes it. I did wear it dinner that night but hated it. :(

Now I'm stuck with something that I will never wear and he's mad at me because I didn't appreciate the thoughtful gift that he took the time to pick out himself. I'm pissed because, once again, he didn't listen to me and we are stuck in this circle of whose right and whose wrong:scratchhead:

BTW, I ordered the table myself when we got back:rolleyes:




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment